On the next screen, enter your DV account details.
Once the email configuration is added, tap Next to continue.
If you are experiencing any difficulty with syncing your messages, you can manually configure the folders. Here's how:
In this screen, you can also choose the Drafts, Sent, and Deleted folders on the server. This way your folders will be in sync no matter where or how you access your email. Just choose each Mailbox on the same Advanced screen and select the matching folder on the server.
1. If this is the first account you're setting up on the iPhone or the iPod Touch, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and choose Add Account....
2. Choose your email account type. For setting up email to work with your (mt) Media Temple service, choose Other.
3. Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section and enter account information.
Fill in your name and email address. Then click Save.
For your DV server, you can use mail.example.com as your incoming and outgoing mail server. DV users may also use the IP address as well.
Tap Save to save the entered information. Your iPhone will then verify your account information.
5. Upon successful completion, you will be taken back to the Mail Settings screen. You will still need to configure your folders since you are using IMAP. Select your newly created account and enter the Advanced section:
Change your IMAP Path Prefix from / to INBOX:
6. Now you will be able to choose the Drafts, Sent, and Deleted folders on the server. This way your folders will be in sync no matter where or how you access your email. Just choose each Mailbox on the same Advanced screen and select the matching folder on the server:
You should now have a fully configured account on your Apple iPhone.
Q: How can I change the outging mail (SMTP) password?
A: In the iPhone mail client, there are two locations for passwords. The incoming mail password is on the main configuration screen, but the outgoing mail password may be considered somewhat hidden. Please follow these steps:
Q: How do I check which version iPhone I have?
A: The version of iPhone Operating System, iOS, can be found by:
Q: How do I check my email settings on an account on my iPhone?
Tap "My Domain" to view email settings.
Click "Done" to exit